Monday, October 05, 2009

Gourmet Gone?

I just read that Conde Nast is closing down Gourmet Magazine in November. I'm in a little bit of shock. I just wrote out my subscription check yesterday. I'm glad I didn't mail it, but still . . .

You can read more about it here.

Kind of seems like the end of an era. I wonder why they decided to keep Bon Appetit and close Gourmet? Gourmet is clearly the better magazine but Bon Appetit is more accessible. Guess I just answered my own question. Maybe Ruth Reichl should have whored herself out more to the Fox and FoodTV reality cooking shows.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I stumbled on your blog because I just posted about this as well. I'm so disapointed that it's gone. I always looked forward to picking up a copy when traveling.

Hornsfan said...

So sad!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...